Curriculum ALL My Children are Using 2014-2015
Our curriculum choices are locked in this year, as we have already been in school five weeks. In those five weeks, I have made a dramatic shift in our history curriculum and added an art component.
What Is In the One Room Schoolhouse?
- Classical Conversations Foundations (which includes 7 statements they memorize each week, a science experiment, and art). This year CC is focusing on United States geography and history. We mostly work on our memory work in the car.
- Beautiful Feet Books Early American History (We were doing Notgrass American History, which was full of fantastic pictures, but we needed more depth and a greater connection with how mankind responded to God’s work in his life.)
- Mystery of History IV . . . we have this pre-ordered, and most likely won’t dive into it until towards the end of the year. We have read all three previous volumes. Last year, this curriculum was what largely kept me on schedule. I knew I had to read from it three times a week – and it just became a bit of a crutch really.
Likewise, to complete the Beautiful Feet Books in a year we need to read from it three times a week . . . which certainly wasn’t a problem this week (our first week with it). The boys BEGGED to learn more about the Vikings, who WERE the first to visit North American (not Christopher Columbus.)
- Apologia Anatomy (which is also a focus in our CC Foundations memory work this year)
- Home Art Studio (we have the Kindergarten and 1st Grade DVD’s). While I have a 5th grader, we have largely ignored art (except for the amazing pastels tutorials from Southern Hodgepodge), so we are starting with the basics.
- GoldFish Swim School
- Taekwondo (boys only)
Curious about last year’s curriculum because you have a student that is a year younger? Visit this blog post.
I’ll will be elaborating on what my pre-schooler, 1st grader, 3rd grader, and 5th grader are studying with me or independently.
And . . . when do I go shopping? How do I make getting food for our family hassle and stress-free?