40 Books for 2014
There are some 40 books in this list. It appears to be a rather imposing list. The stack of books I currently own on this list is sitting beside me.
And more will be added, because not all of the book club novels have been chosen. We are waiting for a few more people to vote.
- Three Musketeers – Alexander Dumas
- The Secret Keeper — Kate Morton (book club)
- Love’s Sweet beginning (Review February 9th-ish)
- Rachel (Review (February 9th-ish)
- My Amish Boyfriend (Review February 16th-ish)
- The Dream Dress (Review February 23rd-ish)
- The Hobbit (with the kids and this beautiful book)
- What Alice Forgot (book club) Finished – loved this book. It has profoundly affected my mothering. Be warned for the occasional F-bomb and mention of the adulterous relationships.
- New Testament (mostly listening to this on YouVersion)
- A Million Little Ways – Emily P. Freeman (just finished this today!) Review coming!
- Beautiful Outlaw – John Eldridge
- The War of Art & Do the Work — Steven Pressfield (book club)
- Ms. Understood: Rebuilding the Feminine Equation – Jen Hatmaker
- The Happiness Project – Gretchen Rubin
- The Circle Maker – Mark Batterson
- The Ministry of Motherhood – Sally Clarkson (part of the Bold Year Challenge)
- Whispers of Hope – Beth Moore (review)
- Healing: God’s Forgotten Gift – Dr. David Stewart, Don Clark, & Sandy Sutter
- Hands Free Mama (thanks for the Amazon gift card MaKenzie!)
- A Year of Biblical Womanhood – Rachel Held Evans
- Preemptive Love – Jeremy Courtney (review)
- Jim and Casper Go to Church: Frank Conversations about Faith, Churches, and Well-Meaning Christians – Jim Hinderson, Matt Casper, George Barna
- Traveling Mercies – Anne Lamott
- Interrupted – Jen Hatmaker
- Google+ for Business
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips
- Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott
- The Tao of Twitter
- Pinterest for Business – Karen Leland
- Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning – Todd Wilson
- Climbing Parnassus – Tracy Lee Simmons
- Keep the Siblings, Lose the Rivalry – Cartmell
- Bringing up Girls – James Dobson
- Preparing for Adolescence – James Dobson
- Parenting Today’s Adolescent – Dennis and Barbara Rainey
- The Big Book of Laugh Out Loud Jokes for Kids – Rob Elliott (review)
- Heaven at Home – Ginger Plowman
- Fit to Burst – Rachel Jankovic
This year is a year of learning, growing, expanding my brain. Returning to life. Adulthood. Organization. I plan on living more. Loving better. Practicing art. For this reason, my book list leans heavily on non-fiction. While I LOVE escaping – I am discovering that this technique isn’t always helpful. Often my fiction reading serves as an addictive drug.
Have you ever felt that before?